Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

We lost my wifes I phone 7 plus. We got a replacement. I…

Customer Question
We lost my wifes...

We lost my wifes I phone 7 plus. We got a replacement . I tried to set up but she does know her apple id or password. I fear I have made a mess trying to help.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know I assume the latest because I got the phone deliver yesterday

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The question should be what I haven't tried

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I hope we start from beginning

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/21/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,