Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My husband lost it outside in the snow and it is on silent.

Customer Question
My husband lost it...

My husband lost it outside in the snow and it is on silent. I also cannot find the device on find my iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don’t know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

He lost his phone about 2 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

His phone number is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/21/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Did your husband have Find My iPhone enabled on his iPhone before he lost it in the snow? If he had Find My iPhone enabled and the power was turned on, the reason that you cannot find it would be that it is buried in the snow. If the phone slipped into the snow on one of its edges, it would not have to fall more than a couple of inches into the snow for the signal to be lost. If you cannot locate it, either because the Find My iPhone function was not enabled or because the iPhone has slipped into the snow and is now buried, you can still protect yourself by changing your Apple ID password, your email passwords, and any other internet account passwords. You should take these actions as soon as possible.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer