Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

IO am not receiving calls and it is not possible to call…

Customer Question
Hi! IO am not...

Hi! IO am not receiving calls and it is not possible to call out, either. SMS doesn't work in or out.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an iPhone 6S, OS version 7.0.4 if my notes are right.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Problem started yesterday. Nothing - I'm 77 years old and the phone is my lifeline in case of emergency. I'm still working, and need it for my work as well.l

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I was phoning someone and happened to press Face Talk, cancelled that, as I thought, and then got stuck in FT for a while, and afterwards the phone went dead. The apps are still working if I don't need the internet.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/21/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Dear *****, thank you, no! We hit on the idea of closing the phone and restarting - why didn't I think of that? I sometimes have to do that on my desktop to resolve errors.