Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

The app “passwords” I have used since my iPhone 5 and now it…

Customer Question
The app “passwords” I...

The app “passwords” I have used since my iPhone 5 and now it was transferred to my iPhone 6 when I bought it after it came out and now I can’t open the app to retrieve my passwords I am 77 and so frustrated with my memory

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

It was just after I purchased the iPhone 6 but since that time there have been several updates

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I did not but Apple updated my iPhone 6. I think it is a way to get me to purchase the most current iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t think of anything else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What help can you give me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will I get an answer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought I was connected to a technician now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have I been screwed because you got my credit card number and you have not helped me!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have my phone number(###) ###-####so call when you have an answer for me
3/20/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID which is used on the app? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not know my Apple ID number unless it is the number I use to open my phone and it is 5555
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I will have to go to the Apple Store to get my phone ID
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know whether you iPhone screen is asking for Password ***** Passcode?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then will I be able to get back to you because I can’t go until Thursday March 22
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand, Let me try from my end. May I know whether you iPhone screen is asking for Password ***** Passcode?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
password
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple. Can I have your apple ID or email ID?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my email address was***@******.*** when I purchased the phone but since that time I have changed my email address to***@******.*** because of more security
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

As per my understanding, you have changed your charter email***@******.*** to***@******.*** address but the apple ID is still the***@******.***, Right?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you are right
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••64?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The old password ***** the old email was poteet46645885
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices. A message with instructions has been sent to Patsy's iPad(iPad Air) and Patsy's iPhone (iPhone 6s).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I now have changed my Apple iPhone password ***** I have a new password ***** is sunset77P
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this is my iPad password
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Apple iPhone 6 password ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m sorry about the earlier password ***** that is why I sent you the password *****
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

May I know whether your new password ***** *****?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the password ***** but it says I need to update the app to my 10
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Could you please tell me what is the name of the App?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is just passwords with an app that looks like a grey metal safe
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

Go to settings>General>About>Check for the version of the current device.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now I am not able to find the app in my list of apps. It is just like it doesn’t exists. But the app still appears in the phone with all my other apps
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess I will have to go to the Apple Store where I purchased this phone and ask them if they can help me. All I can see on my phone when I ask for help is that this app does not work with the iOS 11 and that it needs to be updated by the creator of the app. Thank you for working with me.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

May be you need to update the iOS for using this application. If you tell me what is the name of the app, I will be checking the OS compatibility.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My iPhone is already iOS 11 but the passwords app will not work with my phone only if I can get the passwords app updated by the creator
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The name is ***** ***** the app looks like a grey volt (safe
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 1 month ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

Technician: stevenl1469,
 replied 1 month ago
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
Vinod Menon, Customer Service