Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

The app “passwords” I have used since my iPhone 5 and now it…

Customer Question
The app “passwords” I...

The app “passwords” I have used since my iPhone 5 and now it was transferred to my iPhone 6 when I bought it after it came out and now I can’t open the app to retrieve my passwords I am 77 and so frustrated with my memory

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

It was just after I purchased the iPhone 6 but since that time there have been several updates

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I did not but Apple updated my iPhone 6. I think it is a way to get me to purchase the most current iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t think of anything else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
What help can you give me?
When will I get an answer
I thought I was connected to a technician now
Have I been screwed because you got my credit card number and you have not helped me!!
You have my phone number(###) ###-####so call when you have an answer for me
3/20/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID which is used on the app? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

I do not know my Apple ID number unless it is the number I use to open my phone and it is 5555
I guess I will have to go to the Apple Store to get my phone ID
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know whether you iPhone screen is asking for Password ***** Passcode?

Then will I be able to get back to you because I can’t go until Thursday March 22
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand, Let me try from my end. May I know whether you iPhone screen is asking for Password ***** Passcode?

password
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple. Can I have your apple ID or email ID?

my email address was***@******.*** when I purchased the phone but since that time I have changed my email address to***@******.*** because of more security
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

As per my understanding, you have changed your charter email***@******.*** to***@******.*** address but the apple ID is still the***@******.***, Right?

you are right
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••64?

The old password ***** the old email was poteet46645885
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

You can now reset your password ***** one of your devices. A message with instructions has been sent to Patsy's iPad(iPad Air) and Patsy's iPhone (iPhone 6s).

I now have changed my Apple iPhone password ***** I have a new password ***** is sunset77P
this is my iPad password
My Apple iPhone 6 password ***** *****
I’m sorry about the earlier password ***** that is why I sent you the password *****
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know whether your new password ***** *****?

I tried the password ***** but it says I need to update the app to my 10
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please tell me what is the name of the App?

It is just passwords with an app that looks like a grey metal safe
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Go to settings>General>About>Check for the version of the current device.

Now I am not able to find the app in my list of apps. It is just like it doesn’t exists. But the app still appears in the phone with all my other apps
I guess I will have to go to the Apple Store where I purchased this phone and ask them if they can help me. All I can see on my phone when I ask for help is that this app does not work with the iOS 11 and that it needs to be updated by the creator of the app. Thank you for working with me.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

May be you need to update the iOS for using this application. If you tell me what is the name of the app, I will be checking the OS compatibility.

My iPhone is already iOS 11 but the passwords app will not work with my phone only if I can get the passwords app updated by the creator
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

The name is ***** ***** the app looks like a grey volt (safe
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.

Technician: stevenl1469,
 replied 4 months ago
stevenl1469
Phone call session started