Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am trying to connect my new I phone to my iPad and

I am trying to...

I am trying to connect my new I phone to my iPad and computer. I susscessfuly changed the password ***** my I pad, actually 4 times because I get the message from apple that someone in Cleveland Ohio is trying to log into my account. And it suggests I change the password ***** I have done but still get the same message about Cleveland.....help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last evening about 9:00

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not sure what that is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/20/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Was the message about the user in Ohio in form of an email?

No it came as a message from apple

best thing for you to do in this situation is to change your password ***** again but go directly into your security settings and beef it up so to speak.. Add two step verification and also security questions.

Basically somebody has the ability to access your account and change your password ***** you must go in and change security settings before it is too late and you get locked out for good meaning you lose everything

I did go to settings on the iPad , password & security, to change the password ***** time. The two factor authentication tab is on and I got a verification code also . But when I enter it that is when the message appears
Also when I add the code on the I phone it only says cancel or didn’t get code. There is no way to enter it

are you using a computer to do this?

No I am doing this on the iPad and then trying to sync my new iPhone

Do you have access to a computer to go into your account? it is a far more secure way of doing it

I just remembered I did update my email and deleted an old one before I did anything else. Would that have made a difference?

yes it may have for sure.....

Ok what now .I do have the computer now. Where do I go and what do I do?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Click this link and change your password ***** your computer to do this

Open your email on your computer so you can open this chat on it

Or should I make the old email address show again?

Its incredibly hard to say HOW the hacker has been able to get into your account and change your password

The person has used your information provided to hack you

Any NEW security info you can put in the better

I on the page jobs at apple that is where it took me now what? Do I click support?

It should have taken you to the password ***** page

If it took you anywhere else you most likely have a virus

I agree I did give my phone number and accept
I just got there ( I had typo) I am now at the reset password ***** now what

Go through and reset your password ***** once in your account online check your security settings and change some things

I would prefer you call me on the phone

I personally dont do that service

Ok thanks I am ending

I can see if another expert will pickup the call though...

I am just going to see I can find a friend to help I am very frustrated thanks
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. i am on my computer now

How long ago did you first change your password?

last night about 9:00. i am thinking when I deleted an old email address from my Ipad, this started the problem.

Are you close to Cleveland, OH?

No I live in Pennsylvania

When you changed your password, did you sign every device out?

Not sure what you mean sorry. I changed the password ***** the iPad first then , then did the same on my new phone then got the message from apple of the Ohio problem

Click here: https://appleid.apple.com/

Sign in

Scroll to Devices

Do you see any devices that are not yours?

I went to the website, signed in and got a message saying my I’d is being used on the web near Ft London PA (which is about 7 miles from me ) then the allow or don’t allow buttons. Can’t go any further, what do I click allow or not?

Yes, allow.

I went in on my iPad and it is the only device showing

If it is the only device showing then nobody else is on your account

Thank you so very much Harry. It should be fine now to sync my phone correct. But one more question when I tried that before and I came to entering the verification code the only boxes it showed was cancel or didn’t get a code. What do I push to enter the code?

The code is usually sent to your phone or device as a text message

I have the verification code but when I enter it on the screen of the phone what do i push to send it? The only choices are cancel or didn’t get code?

You don't press any button -- when you enter the correct code, it will automatically send

Again thank you so very much

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, IT
You got 5 stars for sure
��
stevenl1469
Phone call session started