Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have my deceased moms iPhone 6 that is disabled currently.

Customer Question
Hi. I have my...

Hi. I have my deceased moms iPhone 6 that is disabled currently. I would like to upgrade my husbands phone from a 5 th this 6. I’ve been to the Verizon store where they sent away and then to an Apple store where the wait was hrs long. Can u pls help me? The nice guy in the Apple store said I could do this online!!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Thx so much

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I’m trying to reactivate the iPhone 6. It’s been sitting in a drawer for a yr

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thx

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

What exactly do you see on the screen right now?

Are you there Mike?
Technician: Sergil Cave, Smartphone Subject Matter Expert replied 3 months ago
Sergil Cave
Sergil Cave, Smartphone Subject Matter Expert

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your case. You stated that the iPhone 6 was disabled. A few questions for you:

1. Was the iPhone purchased through Verizon? If it wasnt who was it purchased through?

2. Is the iPhone protected with a pin or passcode?

Call me when u can. Thx

Sure no problem, I will give you a call later this afternoon.

Technician: stevenl1469,
 replied 3 months ago
stevenl1469
Phone call session started

Hello, I dont see your phone number listed on this case. Could you kindly provide it to me? Thanks!

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

If it is the Activation Lock that prevents turning off Find my iPhone or his Apple ID then Apple can probably help; see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699 for information on contacting Apple Account Security.

If it is a passcode stopping you from accessing the device, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Rating me is important because it opens me to help others and also lets the company see that I am working with each customer. Please take just a moment to rate me… it helps greatly!