Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I forgot my password and can't change it because you have an…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password ***** can't change it because you have an old phone number on my account. I am now getting only some of my messages on my phone and the rest are going to my computer. I reported this two weeks ago and was texted this would take 2 weeks .I waited 2 weeks but then I got a text yesterday saying it would take till March 29? It should not take this long to add a new phone and allow me to change my password! I am a senior person and I need things working properly for safety reasons! Please fix this asap ! You may call me if need be my home number is ***** , or take a chance and text but I am not getting all texts. Darleen Klepeis

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No I am only on my apple iMac

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I just did, I need my phone number on my account changed and I need to reset my password ***** I keep getting messages from you but I cannot get a reset number .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes my main issue was you have ahold phone number attached to my hotmail account. No other security issues I know of. Yes I need to reset my password.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/20/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.