Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a new iphone 6 and have been unable to answer the…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iphone 6 and have been unable to answer the questions about Apple Id and password

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Where would i find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I bought my phoneon Monday - I already had an iphone 5 and use it as a modum for my computer. this is okay - but I cannot look at my gmail account on my phone, I cannot download the app because it keeps asking for my Apple Id and password, I've tried to change them - but no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes - my apple id was***@******.*** - but I use gmail now. I tried to change the optus id to my gmail address on the computer - but the iphone still has optus id

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/20/2018
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password

Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Hello Richard
I used my Mac computer to change my user id from optusnet to gmail on iCloud. I thought that would also transfer to my iphone - but when I go back to the iphone it is still showing my Apple id as***@******.*** and i cannot change it. I cannot download any apps.

ok, then you will need to reset the password ***** that email address

***@******.***

this is the one to use on my second link.

Let me know how you go.