Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I want to set my apple phone to use with no password. About…

Customer Question
I want to set...

I want to set my apple phone to use with no password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 2 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I can't remember my password ***** they want to send a new one to yahoo and what is not working now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/19/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

password ***** apple id

Thanks. You can not have an Apple ID account with no password. That is not a choice Apple provides.

If you've forgotten your password ***** you might be able to reset it directly on the iPhone.

Please try the following on the device to reset the password.

tap Settings

tap [Your user name] (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > [your name])

tap Password & Security

tap Change Password

If you aren't already signed in to iCloud. Open Settings and tap "Sign in to your [device]" > "Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it" and follow along. (OR, for iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap iCloud > “Forgot Apple ID or Password” then follow along)

If it only asks for password ***** enter an incorrect password ***** times and it should prompt to reset it.