Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Nothing I'm just trying to find out if trac fone is

Hi -Nothing I'm just...

Hi -Nothing I'm just trying to find out if trac fone is developing or already have a security system in place to stop people from stealing there phone number by transfering it to different carrier. I then getting in to there back accounts etc. I hear T-Mobile is setting up a security code to help prevent this. Do you know if trac is doing the same

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your TracFone phone?

It works no problem - just trying to stay ahead of the game

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Smartphone Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Yes connect me please

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No just the safety issue concerning the new scam and what is trac fone setting up to protect the client from the bad guys

3/19/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I want the information that you have found out

Are you able to provide a link to this scam that you are referring to?

its been in the news - my tv stations ran stories on it in the twin cities - I think one was just run last night on Fox 9 Mpls the other station was CBS 4 WCCO.

I have found the article.

Yes, Trac Fone will require a PIN to port out a number.

Harry, IT
thank you