Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need help with an activation code for my iPhone. Can you…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with an activation code for my iPhone. Can you help me with that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never changed it. It was issued to my son through his company. When they gave him a new phone, he gave the old one to my husband. I am not sure what my husband did about the activation code, but he died severl weeks ago, so I can't ask him and I can't find the p/w anywhere. In the meantime I changed the sim so I could use my old phone number, but now of course nothing works. Apple said that ATT may have the p/w on file either under my son's company who bought the phone in a bulk purchase or under his name.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Never heard of that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No - thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/19/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

It is the activation code for Apple ID

You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,