Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My text messages do not send, I get message send failure…

Customer Question
My text messages do not...
My text messages do not send, I get message send failure.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/19/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please answer. Steven
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago

Hi Steven,

What is the make/model of the phone? Who is your carrier? Are you able to receive texts?

iPhone 8, AT&T I receive texts and I can send some.

Do you have the issue after restarting your phone?

I will try that, Steven

Thank you -- let me know.

I did turn the phone off and back on. I can still not reliably send text messages to others.

How is your signal? It could be a bad signal not allowing the texts to go through.

There is nothing wrong with the signal. I am in the middle of Houston and the phone gets a fine signal.
If you do not know anything about this problem, please pass it to someone who does.

OK