Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Why is my iPhone 8 “dinging” and vibrating without

Customer Question
Why is my iPhone...

Why is my iPhone 8 “dinging” and vibrating without displaying any type of visual notification even when all apps are closed.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.? Whatever is the latest update.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Lasr

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Last 3 days

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/18/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your iPhone question.

Try going to

- Settings

- Sounds & Haptics

and seeing whether changing settings (with regard to vibrating for notifications, perhaps notifications of mail or of text messages) will help.

So, also, go to

Settings

Sounds

New Mail

Vibration

set it to NONE.

Also check here:

Settings

Notification Center

Mail

choose the Account for your email

Tap on Alerts, Alert Tone and Vibration

Set them to NONE.

This ought to cure the problem, largely if not quite completely (to be complete, set Alerts of all sorts to NONE for *all* email accounts on your iPhone.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.