Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

The screen on my phone used to rotate with gravity whe I…

The screen on my...

The screen on my phone used to rotate with gravity whe I turned it sideways so I would get a full screen view. Now it only works with an upright view. How do I get it back rotating with gravity?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

IPhone 7 S

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just a day or so. I looked at settings to see if something came up but haven’t found anything.

3/17/2018
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have the rotation lock enabled? In home screen, swipe up from the bottom and make sure the lock is not turned on. If that didn't work, we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Volume down button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

The first suggestion worked.

Great!

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Smartphone Tech