Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I’ve just gotten a new iPhone. When I was trying to initiate…

I’ve just gotten a...

I’ve just gotten a new iPhone. When I was trying to initiate two step verification to get into my Gmail, I had to set up a new Gmail account because it kept sending the verification code to my old number which no longer works. Now I can’t get into the original Gmail accounts I have four of them 4 counting the the new one

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don’t know. I’ve never had an iPhone before I always use Annedroids

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Technician

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Let's add your account, then we can delete the old one, if you wish, or you can keep it.

On your computer:

1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click the tools option on the top right, just below your account picture, then select settings.
  3. Go to the Accounts & Imports tab.
  4. On the left, click the arrow next to Sign In & Security.
  5. Scroll down, and you'll see Recovery Phone.
  6. Change your recovery phone number to your new phone number.
  7. Now you can sign into your account, and it will send the verification to your phone.

On your phone:

1. Open up the Settings app on your iOS device and go to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section. Hit "Add Account".
  2. From there, choose Microsoft Exchange as the type of account (again, don't choose Gmail).
  3. Type in your Gmail address under Email. ...
  4. Press the Next button at the top of the screen.

That will lead you to the right spot!

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service. It does not close the question, and you can reach me here at no extra charge. If you have any questions, please reply.

Were you able to change your phone number in your gmail account on your computer?

I was able to change it on the CatheyRBayless Gmail which is the new one. I was not able to change the phone number on the other older Gmail accounts three in number. So now I was not able to enter any of the older Gmail accounts. It keeps asking for the to step verification and it lists the old number.
I have no money

Why do you keep rating negatively? It does not initiate a refund, it just looks bad on me, the expert, who is trying to HELP you. Do you want me to walk you through how to get everything working? You will have to revise your rating to 3-5 stars. We are here, because we know how to help with this stuff.

IhaHave to I have to leave the house in half an hour I won’t be home till after 9 o’clock eastern time I will be going to church tomorrow morning and will be back by 4 PM Eastern time Sunday that would be the best time to talk to me thanks
Phone call session started

Send me a message when you are ready for the call. And please, stop with the negative ratings. It does not initiate a refund or discount of any kind.

Rusty
Rusty, Technician
I know I had said I'd be available yesterday after 6pm Eastern time, but I was too tired when I got home and could not think clearly about all the trouble I was having with Google and Gmail. I am fresh now. I will be available all day if you want to return my call. I may not be near my phone sometimes, so please leave a message if you don't get me right away. Thanks.

I have been working out of the office since Saturday. In the meantime, until we can connect, were you able to change your phone number in your Gmail account settings as per my instructions? Once you change your phone number in each account, you won't have this problem anymore.

No, I was unable to change the phone number in the old emails. I can’t get into the old emails in order to follow the instructions. Every time it asks for two step verification it gives me the old phone number. And back up codes I don’t have anymore. And it says it doesn’t recognize me as the owner of the account.
We could talk on the phone that would be easier. But the computer is downstairs, and I’m disabled, so it would be a couple minutes before I get there but if you could call me ...
I’m downstairs in front of the computer. It’s booting up now. You can call me.
Are you going to call me? It is past my bedtime. It’s it’s 10:21 here.