Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an I-phone 6 and a apple desktop. When I take

Customer Question
I have an I-phone...

I have an I-phone 6 and a apple desktop. When I take pictures with my i-phone, they are stored on the i-phone as well as the desk top automatically. I lould like to delete my pics from my i-phone to free up space, but if I do that, they are also erased form my desktop. How do I dele i-phone pics without eliminating them from my desk top?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Wait

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

Wait please

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Ios11.2.6

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/16/2018
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You are using iCloud Photo Library. That means, when you delete the photos from your iPhone, the changes will reflect on other devices. This is how iCloud Photo Library works. However, there is an option to store low-resolution photos on the iPhone, so it doesn't take the full space and thus you don't have to delete any photos from iPhone because they will take less space. Full resolution/quality photo can be automatically retrieved just by opening each photo.

Open Settings > your name at the top > iCloud > Photos and make sure iCloud Photo Library is enabled. Then enable Optimize iPhone Storage. This will upload all original photos to iCloud, saving a preview copy on iPhone (with full access to original photos from iCloud as well)

Once you enabled this option, it will take a while to upload them to iCloud and to see the changes on iPhone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.