Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iPhone 8Plus was stolen, when I got it back it was

Customer Question
My iPhone 8Plus was...

My iPhone 8Plus was stolen, when I got it back it was locked, and I spent 3 hours getting it unlocked and my number switched back. But I lost all my contacts and 1700 songs in my music, and most of my apps. I need to add these things back on my phone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably a month or so ago. I found my Apple ID yesterday to log in to iTunes.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Could be. After three hours of working on it, I'm not sure what I did!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I don't think so. I just want my contacts, apps and music back.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Assuming your phone was previously syncing and backing up to iCloud, you should be able to restore from iCloud by restoring the device. You should be able to do the following to return to the last backup:

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

then tap “Erase all content and settings”

When the device restarts, it will display the Setup Assistant. In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap “Restore from a Backup,” then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.

Your device is restored as follows: Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and iBookstore accounts to restore purchased items. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded. To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup