Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Is there a way to retrieve text messages from a certain

Customer Question
Is there a way...

Is there a way to retrieve text messages from a certain phone number

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It was an iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It's not my iPhone. My son in law had an iPhone and I would like to retrieve texts of our conversations. Once he got rid of his iPhone the texts disappeared

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just wanted to know if there's a way to retrieve texts

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/15/2018
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean from someone elses phone ? That is not in your possession?

They were conversations between the two of us. We both had iPhones. Once he got another phone all of the texts disaappeared. There is a custody case so I want to retrieve the conversations we had

Ok, the messages are stored on the phone itself which is why you lost them when it changed.

Do you still have access to the actual phone?

No I can’t talk. I just want to know if it’s possible to retrieve texts. Would they be in the cloud back up

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

I will repeat my last message to you

the messages are stored on the phone itself which is why you lost them when it changed.

I don’t have his phone but I have my phone. I have both phone numbers if that helps

Ok it will not be possible sorry, the only way you would get the messages is directly from the phone, these are not in the cloud (it is different to emails and contacts ect).

You can only get them with physical access to the phone sorry

Would they be stored in my phone

No, only on the phone they are received on

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you