Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iphone 6 in which the touch screen works some

Customer Question
times and then does not...
I have an iphone 6 in which the touch screen works some times and then does not respond. If I do hard reset it seems to work a few times and then it starts again. The phone just updated and I believe that's when the problem started.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/15/2018
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This sounds like it may be a hardware issue, if it is then the only option will be to replace the iPhone or repair the digitizer/display. The repair cost is usually around $180.00. The only other option to try will be a factory reset, if it is a glitch with the update then the factory restore should solve the issue.

In any case you will need to be sure that you have your important data backed up(click here for back info) either with iCloud or iTunes. After that you have the data securely backed up follow these steps please>

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap General > Reset.
  3. Tap the option(s) to reset:
    • Reset All Settings
    • Erase All Content and Settings
      Use this option for master reset.
    • Reset Network Settings
      This deletes any saved Wi-Fi profiles.
      • Reset Keyboard Dictionary
      • Reset Home Screen Layout
      • Reset Location & Privacy
    • Type in the device password ***** prompted.
    • Confirm selection.

I hope this helps,

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

OK I will try it but I don't think I will be able to make that many moves before it locks me out. I have the iphone tools to take it apart. I replaced the battery a few months ago. So should I try maybe reseating the connections?
    That might help.
    You can do the factory restore with a computer using iTunes also.