Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone 6s. We recently discovered that a friend of…

Hi,I have an iPhone...

Hi,I have an iPhone 6s. We recently discovered that a friend of mine, who has an iPhone 5, doesn’t receive texts or calls from my phone. My calls to him go directly to voicemail...but he never gets the voicemail. I receive texts and calls from his phone. He checked to make sure my number wasn’t unintentionally blocked on his phone. It wasn’t. Ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Not sure. Where would I find that information?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

This may have been going on for months. The only thing we’ve done is check to make sure I wasn’t blocked on his phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can’t think of anything.

3/15/2018
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Have you checked they can receive text messages from other numbers?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Richard,Thanks for your response. He gets texts and calls from everyone else but me.BTW - I have iOS 11.2.6 on my phone. Don’t know what my friend has on his.

Thanks

On your friends phone, hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and see if he can then get text messages from you please

Let me know the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the phone on or off when he does this?

on

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No luck with the reset.

Can you have him follow the steps here to remove you from any blocks he has

https://www.imore.com/how-remove-someone-your-block-list-iphone-ipad

Tell me if it then works please

Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sent my friend the link you sent me in your previous e-mail. Haven’t heard back from him. I’m assuming this didn’t work either, but I’ll let you know as soon as he lets me know.
Richard, Smartphone Specialist