Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have amessage on phone that is askig confermationon

Customer Question
I have amessage...

I have amessage on phone that is askig confermationon purchase. I have not made a purchase. Then another message from Apple Orders about a new statement date Mar 2 and one from Apple support stating Invoice payment # 65DYF thanking me for my order . I habe not opened these messages. What to do? Can you assist? Mary Stickel

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is an Apple iphone s6 I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I saw something similar back a few mos but my daughter said dont open and leave it aone because I didnt buy anything except this phpne which is now nearly pd for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I wwould like to find out if anything really is charged on my acct

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/14/2018
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Sorry for just getting around to assisting you as we have a high volume of customers online.

Your daughter is correct. Do not open any of those messages since you know that you did not make any purchases. These types of emails are referred to as phishing emails where unscrupulous persons try to gain access to your personal information when you click on a link in the message in order to steal your identity. In addition, the email may contain coding that, once opened, automatically sends out messages to people on your contact list, making it appear as if you are the one sending them the messages. These types of messages can be harassment messages or messages that appear as if you are requesting financial help and they should click a link to help you out.

Simply delete such messages and ignore them totally. If you are concerned that you may have been charged for a purchase that you did not make, please call your financial institution and have them check to see if any payments were recently made that you do not know of. If you have online banking, you can also access your account and check your online credit card statement to see if anything looks suspicious.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click the Submit button so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.