Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Disappeared. Google. Iphone. I don’t know. Last night reset…

Disappeared Technician's Assistant: Who...

Disappeared

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Google

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Iphone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don’t know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Last night reset password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was told wait time about 8 min it’s been about an hour
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. So all the mail within Gmail is gone as of last night?

If you are using the Apple Mail app, go to Settings/Mail,contacts,calendars and tap on the gmail account. You need to change the password ***** for incoming and outgoing mail settings. Or, if it's easier, delete the account and add it back.

Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert
Phone call session started

Please test the email and reply to me here.

Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ask me to secure my acct then when I finish it goes to my g mail acct butstill nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now what do I do

Ok we are going to uninstall the gmail app from your phone. Do to this gently tap and hold the gmail app picture for about 2 seconds until the icon wiggles. An X will also appear next to the gmail picture. Tap the X on the app to uninstall.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok done

Now we go back to Settings

tap on Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I put in a new email

Yes tap gmail and see if it allows you to enter the username and password *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Set up acct then it says I already have an acct do I click that or click continue with new acct

No please go to your home screen and select mail.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tells me to set up my goggle acct

Can you set it up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry says sign in with your google acct

Does it let you put your username and password *****?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I did it let me ck
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I go through mail instead of gmail
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I got it thank u so much for your help and putting up with me

From now on yes that is the way to get it!!

You are welcome it was a pleasure!

Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert