Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Email blocked. Got a message this morning that someone had…

Customer Question
Email blocked. Got a...

Email blocked. Got a message this morning that someone had just logged onto my account and followed Google prompts, including changing my password. Now I can't get in.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes, my iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, it's(###) ###-#### I changed that this morning, too. It had been(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, a week ago I retired and an IT expert from our office wiped my office and home laptops clean, inadvertently erasing my contacts. This morning he purchased a utility to convert contacts that had yet to be eliminated from the MAC in my office, and said he exported 886 contacts to a file Gmail can import. Happened about the same time Google told me there was a potential security breach. So my former cell at the office was(###) ###-#### The new personal number is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

What message do you get when you attempt to log in now?

Says ‘Mail could not be received at this time.’ Returned the error WEBALERT. What’s weird is that my gmail account on my phone works. Outlook on the phone does not; nor does it work on my new laptop.
Actually, Sam, I’ve got to go to a going-away party being thrown for me. Why I needed help earlier. I’ll either try again tomorrow or find another way. Thanks

No problem enjoy the event!