Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Last upgrade on my iphone8 blacked out the camera on my

Customer Question
Last upgrade on my...

Last upgrade on my iphone8 blacked out the camera on my iphone

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your iPhone (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

There is no back up of my phone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I would advise setting up an iCloud account to back up the device. Once a back up is complete I would factory reset the device to clear out any software issue the update caused. Once reset you can restore the device from an iCloud back up during the setup process.

Thank you

Absolutely!

I’m going to an Apple Store. Problem is with camera. Thanks anyway

Ok, no problem they will probably have to reset for troubleshooting and warranty reasons but it is worth the trip. Have a good day. I am here if you need me!

How did everything turn out for you?