Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone5 and am updating to ios11. from apple Mac.

Customer Question
HI. I have an...

HI. I have an iPhone5 and am updating to ios11. from apple Mac. The software was downloaded and now the phone is being updated. The phone seems to be doing nothing after the white bar of updating is complete. Can you tell me if the final part takes an hour or so? or has the upgrade failed?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Update iPhone 5 software

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Downloaded to Mac and then iTunes is upgrading phone. seems to do upgrade .. phone has apple on screen and loaf libne has completed... but seems just to be sitting there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that is about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/13/2018
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 4 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It isn't supposed to take this much time. Disconnect the phone and reconnect it. Is it showing anything?

If not, press and hold down the Power button and Home button until it shows Apple logo. If asked to update or restore on computer, do update. Let me know how it goes

Tried all that. When I do iTunes just comes up with do you want to allow to access.. when I hit continue comes up with msgto allow access please respond on your iPhone.. phone just shows apple and starts the update bar again.
iTunes does not give me option to restore
appears to not complete update of phone for some reason

Sorry for the delay. Hold down Home and Power buttons until it shows a screen with USB cable and iTunes logo. Do you see update or restore option on computer?