Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Trying to connect new iPhone 7 to hp 8702 printer, asking…

Trying to connect new...

Trying to connect new iPhone 7 to hp 8702 printer, asking for printer password

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 8702: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

On printer?

3/12/2018
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you connect the printer to your WiFi network?

You don't need any kind of password ***** connect the printer to iPhone. You just need to make sure the printer is connected to same WiFi network your iPhone has connected.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once you did that, check if your iPhone can see the printer. If not, open App Store, search HP ePrint app, download it and open it. Does it recognize it?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

The host name for isp says it cannot be trusted ant the up address will not work either

On where do you see this message?

Iphone

Do you see that error in any particular app ?

I’m done with hp. Thank you

Your iPhone is not supposed to show this error. It is supposed to be easy. All you have to do is, connect the printer to WiFi network and your iPhone should recognize it directly.

When you choose Print from Iphone, doesn't it show the printer?

Also, did the printer show it is connected to WiFi network when you did the above steps?

Ok the printer shows connected and phone sees it but when you select it it just clocks

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself?

Printer will make copies manually but not print from phone

On the phone, open App Store, search HP ePrint app. install it. Open HP ePrint and does it recognize printer and let you print from there?

Ashik, Smartphone Tech