Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I factory data reset my android phone and deleted vital

photos and video. I tried...
I factory data reset my android phone and deleted vital photos and video. I tried a couple of commercially available recovery programs such as "DR.FONE". And "Wondershare". None of them worked.Is there any commercially available software programs available that actually work? That recover data wiped phones?
3/12/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hi. Yes I would still like help with the question.Thanks

Unfortunately, there isn't. All of those programs will claim they work and none of them actually do.

That’s what I thought.I’ve been looking at more forensic style software. More costly, would they work?

Forensic style software works great on computers but I am not sure how they work on phones. A lot of the software programs will give you a free trial to see what it can recover before having to buy so I would recommend that route before spending a lot of money and being stuck with a program.

Ok. Thanks

You're welcome!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, IT