Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need to know how to make a 3-way call. IPhone 7 Plus ...

I need to know...

I need to know how to make a 3-way call

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPhone 7 Plus ... Apple ....... Microsoft I guess

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried it at all. I was looking for a manual from when I purchase my phone (July, 2017) but realized I had to go on-line.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/11/2018
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Hello, I am Samuel and I will help you!

Some iPhone users don't realize the ability to make multi-party phone calls is built right into the iPhone software. To initiate a conference call check out the following steps:

1. Make a normal phone call.
  2. Touch the Add Call button to make another call. The person you're already on the line with will be put on hold.
  3. After speaking to the second person, touch Merge Calls. You now have a three-way conference call where all parties can hear each other.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more people. Up to 5 calls can be merged depending on your carrier.
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert
I ended up not needing the 3-way call information. Thank you for your help.
I am instructing you to cancel my trial use of Just Answer.