Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Phoneis locked and she doesn't have puk code what can she…

Customer Question
Phone###-##-####is locked and she...

Phone###-##-####is locked and she doesn't have puk code what can she do

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Today abou 17 00

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

She put in wrong I'd code and is now locked

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/11/2018
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to hear that her phone is locked.

The good news is that the situation is not as bad as it may seem because she can get the PUK code for her number from her phone service provider. Tell her to give them a call using another phone and explain to them what happened and that she is locked out of her phone because she tried the unlock code too many times and now she needs the PUK code. She will be asked to verify her identity and so on, but in the end, the company will give her the code.