Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Bought a iPhone 7 and by mistake entered a 4 digit passcode…

Customer Question
Bought a iPhone 7...

Bought a iPhone 7 and by mistake entered a 4 digit passcode instead of 6. Naturally can’t get pass the login screen because password ***** ***** How do I Change passcode from 4 to 6.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

When I purchased the iPhone 5 about four years ado.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No have no clue I am not tech savvy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Are you going to be able to handle this situation?
3/10/2018
Technician: ITCris,
 replied 5 months ago
ITCris

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

If you do not know the current passcode. The only viable option is to reset the iPhone with iTunes using Recovery Mode.

I can explain step by step on what you will need to do.

Ok
No
Technician: ITCris,
 replied 5 months ago

Please try the following solution. Restore your iPhone through iTunes using Recovery Mode.

1. You will need to have iTunes on your PC. Make sure to download the latest version from www.iTunes.com
  2. Open iTunes on your PC.
  3. Plug the iPhone to the PC with iTunes open via the USB cable.
  4. While it is plugged in press and hold the top button (on/off) and home button down together. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the Apple logo appears. When the logo appears let go off just the top button and continue to hold the Home button.
  5. You will then see the iTunes logo on the iPad and be prompted in iTunes with a Restore option.
  6. Click on Restore and the iPhone will shut off then turn back on and go through the process.
  7. You will then need to re-setup your iPhone again and can restore from iCloud if you have been backing up to iCloud.

Let me know if this answers your question. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top

Technician: ITCris,
 replied 5 months ago

Were you able to try the solution?