Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Turned on record and cannot get it off. I think it is iPhone…

Customer Question
Turned on record and...

Turned on record and cannot get it off

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I think it is iPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Have not downloaded 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes phone does not ring when you call it just goes click. Checked settings and cannot find anything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/10/2018
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Open Settings and make sure the Do Not Disturb is not turned on. Also, make sure the silent switch on the left side is not turned on.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

This is husbands phone not the one I am typing on

Did you try the instructions on the phone?

Is it still not ringing?

Also, what about the recording? Is it still there after the reset?

Let me try it
No ring just click
Recording is off
Phone does not ring when dialed just clicks

Are you able to make calls from it?

Open Settings> and make sure the "Do Not Disturb" feature is not turned on.

If it still not working, then open Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Does it work now?

After this reset, you need to reconnect it to WiFi, setup the passcode etc

Do not disturb is not on

Ok

Is it working?

No says password *****

What is saying password *****?

When I hit join

Make sure you are entering correct WiFi password. This is the password ***** WiFi network not Apple ID or other password.

Are you able to receive calls?

No and I need to return to this later
Trying another reboot

Are you able to make calls?

Also, try calling from other phones. If the issue is only when you call from your phone, then delete your contact from the phone and add it back. Also, try calling from another phone and let me know.

No the way we found out was a message from someone trying to contact him
we know it isn’t just my phone

To make sure, are you able to make calls from the phone? Do you have this issue with incoming calls or outgoing calls?

Issue is incoming

Is it going to voicemail after the ring?

can make calls

Blocking or The Do not disturb features are usually what cause this. Since the numbers are blocked and the Do not disturb feature is not turned on, then it must be with the carrier network. Did you call the carrier network or mobile network about this issue?

now instead of asking for a password ***** phone takes me to security. What is up with that?
no thank you to call

That is just because we reset the settings to make sure this is not a software issue. You can simply setup it back from Settings> Touch ID and Passcode.

Hi there, Did you call the carrier and check if there is any issue on their end?