Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Cannot connect to internet. on modem

Customer Question
Cannot connect to internet ...

Cannot connect to internet

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

No

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Green on modem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/9/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

How are you connecting the computer to your network? (ie: with a network cable or wireless)

cable.bluetooth does not respond either

As it stands, you have the computer plugged into your modem or router with a network cable?

Thank you for responding. Are you working with a windows computer or a mac computer?

do not call
Windows

Please, do the following on that computer:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: cmd
- Click the Ok button.
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig
- Press Enter
Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?
- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3
Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?
- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com
Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?

H
Getting nothing

May I ask what that means?

You are getting nothing from what?

held the windows key and letter r down and hit ok

Did you type cmd in the window before you clicked OK?

no it didnt say that

Please, look at the instructions that I typed for you and follow them. In the box, type cmd before you click OK.