Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It's actually my phone. When I transferred my information…

Customer Question
It's actually my phone...

It's actually my phone. When I transferred my information over to this phone a lot of my pictures were just little black squares. Is there anyway to retrieve my pictures. a lot of them can never be taken again. Some have died

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

It actually has been a couple of months back. I actually thought it was a lost cause until someone told me it wasn't. Can you please help me?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

I actually don't know what you mean I'm talking about phones I don't know how to do that???

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't think you can go ahead and connect me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/9/2018
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What is your question?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I actually don't know what kind of support I'm asking for . What happened was couple of months ago I got a new phone because my phone was stolen. had all my pictures and everything saved through Google but when I transfer my photos and everything over a big fat section I think for November of last year were missing and they were a lot of pictures that I hold dear to my heart these pictures cannot be done over because a lot of my family has passed so I'm asking if it anyway you can help me retrieve them right now all black boxes
I would love go call you and talk but actually can not afford an additional $20. I can hardly afford the $36.
Are you there????
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

I am here.

Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

What application are the photos in?

Are you still working on my problem?? I truly appreciate any help you can give.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

What application are the photos in?

Gallery
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

Is that an app on your phone.

Gallery is a app on my phone
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

Was it syncing to google?

No, I didn't mean to request a call. I can't afford it. Thanks anyaay
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

What was your google account?

Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you sign into google.com with that account?

I've always signed into my goggle acct. Thru my email.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

Go to https://photos.google.com/ and see if they are there.

Google
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

it seems that all the photos that I downloaded on November 30th of last year are the ones that are missing.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry. This would have been the place they would be. Where did you download the files to?

The phone
What I can't understand is that I always got and saved all my photo the same way.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

How did you download photos to your phone that were already being synced to google?

I just took pictures of photo from albums or sent to me from family members.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

If that is the case you should still have them in the emails that were sent, right?

The photos were sent thru messages.So dents the phone was replaced in December,all of the messages before the date the phone was replaced did cone on the new phone.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry.

Thanks for your try
Goodnight
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

I which it had actually a accomplished more then to verify that I could not be helped