Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am away on vacation in Florida and I have an iphone 8 with…

Customer Question
I am away on...

I am away on vacation in Florida and I have an iphone 8 with the xfinity apps loaded for streaming videos. I purchased the Lighting Digital AV Adapter and a HDMI cable. When I hook it up to the tv in our condo I get the following error msg.:License issue :: 3338 "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including airplay) and try again."

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes and it is connected

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
How long before I receive an answer?
Please refund my $5, I have not received any type of response from the technician and through my own research I have found out that this is an Xfinity issue in that they are blocking the transmission. I would need to move to another provider other than Comcast (Xfinity) in order to do what I was trying to do.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 5 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I’m not sure if you can help because it seems that it is a problem with the provider, Xfinity in this case, but let me know if I am wrong.

Yes, it is a Xfinity issue.