Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My son in law gave me an iPhone 5 which has been unlocked…

My son in law...

My son in law gave me an iPhone 5 which has been unlocked from Tesco mobile. I have put a spanish simcard in it. But when someone phones me in spain it also rings on his iPhone and his phone then automatically rings him back. He know has no iCloud on his phone I have both the Imi numbers what can I do to get this correct

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have my own iPhone 6s which is my english phone. But when I phone the spanish mobile which I gave to my husband it rings him and my son in law in Wales..

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I don't think so it was just the guy in a local shop in Spain. So basically I need myself to be on the iPhone 5. My son in law is fuming so I need to get him off the iPhone 5

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My son in law has just received a message from Microsoft telling him there is suspicious activity on his account

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve entered my card details 4 times and I have had 4 references numbers I don’t understand what is going on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My son in law name is***** and his Telephone is 00447783482165 his IMEI is 355407079200596 on his new phone.His old phone that he has given me is IMEI 358544054955047 my name is***** and I have put a Spanish Simcard into this phone tel 0034634010912. So I need you to put this phone in my name. And arrange for his new phone to be properly active, I would be grateful if someone would phone me on my english phone no 00447879670353 Ad he uses his new phone for work purposes but keeps getting phone calls from spain . He is annoyed with me for messing things up. I am in Spain at the moment
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appeared to have paid twice but still no one has come back to me I am 74 years old and can’t afford to be upset about this please phone me 00447879670353 I will stay up all night waiting for your call
3/8/2018
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been waiting for someone to phone me on 00447879670353. I am 74 years old and my son in law is so annoyed with me. Have you read my messages

After it was unlocked by tesco was it restore to make the unlock happen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was unlocked by Tescos I paid them 60 pounds

Sure, but did they restore the phone after setting the flag to unlocked in the system? The phone has to be restored in iTunes for the system to be flagged on the phone for unlock.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The phone my son in law gave me is working with the Spanish SIM card but it's still in his name but when people call me he has the calls and Apple have like disconnected him.

It sounds like you are signed in to his iCloud account. Is that the case?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like it doesn't it . Doing this way tonight I've managed to 40 euros taken out of my account THREE times because I've had 3 emails quoting different order numbers. I am 74 years old and he has told me to sort this out it's his business phone he he getting calls on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried putting in my phone number to speak with you but it just won't take the digits. It's 00447879670353.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What the hell is happening no one is telling me anything on how to fix this problem
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can someone please get back to me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am happy to talk by phone but can not put my english number in the box
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need help I think I need to remove my son in laws details from the iPhone 5 which I’ve put a Spanish number in because I am on holiday in Spain

All iPhones have an iCloud account.

Did you register the phone to your iCloud?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I haven’t don’t know how to do it I am afraid to use that phone . It still has my son in laws information on it. Although I can make a call. I am writing to you from my uk mobile iPhone

Go into Settings then General then Reset then Erase all Settings and Content

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doing this will not affect my son in laws phone in the uk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve done what you said but in settings iTunes & app stores it still has my son in laws email and password

Yes, you need to sign into his account one last time then you can setup your account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I sign in to his account from where

Did you perform a factory reset on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No should I? I would be happy to speak with you but when I put my telephone number in there It won’t accept it

Yes, I provided the steps to you to complete then you said "I've done what you said"

Please follow my steps and confirm once they are completed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve completed this it is now asking me to sign in on my son in laws email and password ***** have this. Should I do it and then will you tell me how I put this phone into my name

Yes, you need to sign into his account one time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok done that I can see set up as new iPhone

Yes, set it up as new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
His name is ***** *****

Did you set it up as new using a completely different iCloud account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went in to new but his name came up

You need to set it up as new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It won’t let me

You may need to sign into his account once to set it up as new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says underneath don’havean Apple ID or forgot it

Sign into his account then set it up as new

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve signed in as him now how do I get the me it’s asking me to accept the conditions I am truly confused

Do you have a local Apple store?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have managed to do it thank you so much for your patience. I have created an iCloud email and password. Have a nice weekend

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, IT
Harry, IT