Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone 6 that I just got in August of last year.

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone 6 that I just got in August of last year. The model is MQ3X2CL/A. I’m having issues sending messages to other iPhone users. They either don’t receive the message or if they do and reply back I don’t get the message until I’m back at home with wi-fi. This happens when I’m away from my wi-fi. I checked to make sure iMessage is on and it is. But the same happens if it’s off. I’m thinking there is a setting that must be wrong as I never had these issues with my old iPhone 5.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that and will that loose all my dats Data

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/7/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 5 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. For another example I received your text message on my iPhone but not my iPad.
I don’t want to pay anymore than I already have.

Have you tried a factory reset?

No I don’t know how.
What will that do? I’ve had the problems I’ve described since I got the phone.

Have you contacted your carrier?

No I’m in Arizona for the winter. My carrier is in Canada.
If I call my carrier will you refund me my 35.00

You will need to contact your carrier since it is likely a carrier issue if it started from the beginning.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Can I get a refund.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Thanks for your help

You're welcome