Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I can't get into my phone because it asks for a password.

Customer Question
I can't get into...

I can't get into my phone because it asks for a password. The passwords I have are too long to fit in the space provided.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't changed it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/7/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I can open my iphone, but when I press the open button, the key pad pops up with numbers telling me I need a password ***** make a phone call.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID and password?

Password: Stefcatz3
I also have security questions and answer if that would help
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

I could see that your password ***** ***** In this case, in this case can you please signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account") Please go ahead change your apple ID password.

Can't you let me select a password ***** I can use to open my phone using six letters or number?
why is this so difficult?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Can you please tell me

1. What was the name of your first pet?

2. What is your dream job?

1. Fred
2. Queen
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please tell me what is the new password ***** are going to set for your apple account?

Is it going to be different than the one I have now?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes

How a about......................dummieWill that open my phone?
I just tried that new password ***** my phone, and the message said that the phone was disabled and to try again in 15 minutes. Did I move too fast?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please tell me whether your apple device is still showing disabled?

now it shows 8 minutes.
now I'm back to 15 minutes
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you remember the passcode?

The original passcode is: Stefcatz3
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

I am sorry, Passcode is different and your apple password ***** ***** Passcode is only 6 or 4 digit number.

When I purchased the iphone, the passwords given to me at the store were:***@******.*** password: Stefcatz3I used this with my old phone and never had this problem
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Passcode have only 6 or 4 digit number. If your iphone is asking for passcode and If you enter the wrong passcode on an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out. Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings.

You know what? I never got a passcode. All I got was a password. Should I go down to the U.S. Cellular store where I purchased this to have them give me a passcode?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

You can also try to check with store. If they didn't helped you, please reach us back so that we can go ahead reset your iPhone and restore your device manually.

I went to the store. They can't help me. They do not supply passcodes. I have password ***** but not PASSCODE.
I need my phone restored manually.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have computer like Windows or Mac? We need to connect the iPhone to the computer and we need to restore the iPhone.

I have Windows 7. I have a lap top that's connected to my printer. I use a "mouse" and when I take the plug off, I can't move around the screen
Is there any place else I can plug in my phone?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

I understand your concern and I don't want to mess up the printer connection. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

The phone I have is a replacement of one I purchased last November which stopped working When I purchased it, I wasn't told I had to have a passcode to use the "phone" part of this device. Now, with this replacement, my phone is blocked so I cannot dial out. I can receive incoming calls. The nearest Apple repair store is a two hour drive from where I live. My phone is still under warranty. I was hoping to avoid the drive to Eugene to get this fixed, but I'm willing to do it as a last resort.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 4 months ago