Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Device says out of storage iCloud says 43.6 GB available?

Customer Question
Device says out of...

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I thought there may be a problem with payment

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything yet because I have no idea what to try

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
2/7/2018
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Please remember to rate my help today by clicking 5 stars at the top of the page before you leave the session today. Do you still need help? I can fully explain this. let me know before I give a detailed response

Thanks Mike

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

I will take a risk and hope you come back haha, again sorry for the wait...

Your device storage is completely different to your cloud storage..

When you device is out of storage it means the PHONE has reached its capacity for internal storage.

The cloud is external from the phone and has various different plans for storage room..

There is nothing you can do about storage room on your phone except delete some apps AND OR move photographs to a cloud storage such as shutterfly to get them off your device to free up storage...

Your cloud storage can store massive amounts of information when you back up to it....BUT this is also dependent on how much room your phone has.. For example if you have a 16GB phone you cant store hardly anything these days before its full... The newer 64GB 128GB or even 256GB you will NEVER fill the internal storage up in a million years...

If you have any questions on this let me know, tried to explain best I could....

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 5 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Any bonuses are very much appreciated. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be more than happy to help you more