Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

My iPhone 6 is seemingly randomly looping off my emails. I…

My iPhone 6 is seemingly...
My iPhone 6 is seemingly randomly looping off my emails. I thought it was 7 days. But Sunday it dropped everything before Wednesday!
I have them on my desktop still but I’m worried about when I travel
I can’t see anything applicable in settings/mail.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2018
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

On the iPhone hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then looks please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Not sure what you mean? It looks the same I think

Ok.. you mean you do not understand how to do the instructions?

This is what you do not know what I mean?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry. I did what you said. And I’m not noticing anything different.

Thanks

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings.

Once done, tell me how the mail app then looks please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Done. The mail looks the same although the font got smaller. What am I looking for.

See if the mails dropped are there, if you still have the issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. It still just goes back to last Wednesday

Go to settings, mail, select the mail account and select delete account

Then add the account again to your Phone and tell me how it then looks please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Sounds scary

It is not, you are just re-adding it again

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t see a way to select a mail account

When you go to settings, Mail, you will see the list of accounts there to select

Which model iPhone do you have? As the screenshot I provided was for iPhone 6

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry. Maybe it’s a 6S?

You see no where it says accounts?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t see a number when I hit accounts

Is it the comcast account with the issue?

Select it there and remove it

Then add it back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Phew! I did that. It still only goes back to Wednesday. I’m not so concerned about reclaiming them but I don’t want them to be randomly deleted in the future.

Ok, any corruption is removed on the phone.

But did you recently connect any other devices to your comcast account around the time this issue started?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it seems to happen extremely randomly. Every few months or so.

Ok, it will have most likely been a corrupted profile, this is the most common cause.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great. Thx for your help.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
They just disappeared again. I had them going back to Wednesday and now all of a sudden it just goes back to Saturday.

If you check the emails via your computer, do you see them there?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
it’s not a catastrophe just worried for when I’m on vacation
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
annoyed
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Btw, now it just goes back to Monday!!!!
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I found the never delete mail!! Maybe it did something when I reset all earlier in this discussion. Thanks for your help. I’ll reach out again if that doesn’t solve it,
Richard, Smartphone Specialist