Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need to connect my daughters i phone (apple play) into her…

Customer Question
I need to connect...

I need to connect my daughters i phone (apple play) into her new audi q3

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

At&t u verse at home where do u mean we have verizon cell service

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Apple router or your Apple?

I can get some plug in thing that is essentially a usb cord on one end and that 3 plug (red yellow white?) on the other that you plug into existing unit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes does the car i am speaking of have a dedicated usb port connected to the stereo screen

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/19/2018
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 6 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

there was an option to have it "installed discretely remotely i want to do that
actually i can't wait this long how do i cancel this

Begin by cranking the Audi. Next, on your daughters iPhone please go to SETTINGS, then GENERAL, then BLUETOOTH. Make sure that BLUETOOTH is turned on. You should see the Audi automatically begin to pair with the iPhone device. Please note: It may take a few minutes.After the Audi has located the iPhone you will be asked to enter your PIN#. The default PIN# ***** *****

Unfortunately, we can't do this remotely for you.

Please give my instructions a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Don’t have car w me
What about the dedicated usb port

One caveat, you can only pair your iPhone if the vehicle ignition has been on for less then 5 minutes. Also, if for any reason the Audi doesn't see the phone, please try turning OFF bluetooth on the phone. Wait a few seconds then turn it back on.

Is there one installed in the q3 2018 for mediascreen
if so where exactly is it

You should be given a couple of cables with the car, with one of them being for an iPhone connection. The usb port is inside the center console. Once connected you can access it via the MEDIA menu.