Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iPhone 6 On/Off button for sound no longer works. When I…

Customer Question
My iPhone 6 On/Off...

My iPhone 6 On/Off button for sound no longer works. When I try to mute the ringtone, the button does not stay Off . . . meaning it never mutes. Can you help me know what to do about this?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know how to determine that.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

. . . several months . . . So far I have just "lived with it".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No . . . Thank you for connecting me to an expert.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/16/2018
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If the mute button is not working, then that means it is a hardware issue. This will require the replacement of the buttons which will be costly and it is probably not worth since the phone is very old now.

The best option is, you can enable the "Assistive Touch" option of your iPhone which will give you an onscreen option to mute the iPhone.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and you will see the "Assistive Touch" option there. Turn it on and you will see an onscreen button which gives you access to so many options. You will find the mute/silent option/button there. You can use it.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Where on my phone do I find Settings>General>Accessibility?
Please cancel my request.

Open Settings app.

Sorry for the delay. Open Settings app.

Tap General, tap Accessibility and you will find the Assistive Touch option there