Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I listen to Kindle audio books on my phone via Bluetooth in…

I listen to Kindle...

I listen to Kindle audio books on my phone via Bluetooth in my car. Although the car audio plays the book, when I stop the car, the location in my Kindle book is the same as when I started. If I sync to farthest point read, it does not recognize that I have listened to many minutes of the book in the car. This used to work.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Maybe a month. I have deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I also got a new phone. iPhone 8, just in case it was related to the old phone

1/17/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
still need help

This can happen with a new update to iOS -- Delete the Kindle app, restart your phone, and download the app again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried that already. Did not work

Do you see any updates available for Kindle in the App store?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, i’m up to date. I updated with the latest fix on 1/11. But I had the problem before that, and continue to have it since that update

Did you have the issue before the iPhone 8?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had this problem with my iPhone 5. Upgraded, for other reasons, but thought it might make a difference. Unfortunately no joy. Also thought it could be the specific book I was listening to. But I tried a new book and still have the problem of the book not advancing.

It sounds like it is a syncing issue via bluetooth with your car.

Unfortunately, it sounds like an issue that has not been addressed by Amazon if you have had this issue for a while.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I asked my car dealer and he said it’s not Bluetooth since the audio plays correctly when driving. The problem is that the kindle book on my phone does not advance.

Yes, I understand it is not bluetooth; it is likely an issue with syncing the Kindle app via bluetooth to know where it started and ended.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what's next? Back to the car dealer? That sounds like an expensive investigation with possibly no results

The car dealer won't be able to fix the issue -- It is an issue with Amazon and their syncing system; not with your car.

Harry, IT
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My technition, Harry, was courteous and apparently researched my problem. But his suggestions were things I had already tried. And he ended our chat saying it is “likely” an issue with Amazon. So now what? Should I contact Amazon? Should I try one of their forums? Which one? Is there an email address where I can send my question? I don’t feel that any value was added with my JustAnswer chat. I am not happy about paying JustAnswer. I still have the problem that I had before I requested help.
Harry, IT