Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Must be a stupid problem. I cannot set individual ring

Customer Question
Must be a stupid...

Must be a stupid problem. I cannot set individual ring tones. Used to work but no longer. I can set the default ring tone to any of the options, but this is now the tone for all phone book entries, even if I change it. Is there some sort of switch which I cannot find?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Started on 6+ with iOs 11, I upgraded to an iPhone X, has the same issue, so it seems I carried it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

First noticed it about 6-8 weeks ago. I have verified the behavior, searched for a place which might control this, don't know what els to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure I understand the question, can't think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 day by:
1/11/2018
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings.

Once done, set some individual tones for certain contacts and tell me if it then works.

Let me know the results please

Thank you