Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Did a upgrade on my iphone6 plus cant get phone to work. i…

Customer Question
Did a upgrade on...

Did a upgrade on my iphone6 plus cant get phone to work. i press button on right hand side to switch phone on but come on just to go off again

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Help i am stupid with phones. I have a iphone6plus. contract with MTN

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Had a notice to do some upgrades this morning. which i did. phone does not swich on.

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

He must just keep it simple i am really not up to all the tegnology

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/9/2018
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold volume down and power for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then operates please

ok i press the button on right hand side of phone. get apple logo but it goes off within seconds
i really dont have more money to spend can we carry via internet

Yes we can, but you need to do the instructions exactly as I asked please

I will repeat.

where is volume button? is it the first button on left of my phone. i am a bit confused?

This is the button on the right, the bottom one you use to decrease the volume

apple logo comes on for A few seconds but get a black screen again

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

windows

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPhone, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."

Click Restore Phone, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you

i am struggling to follow instruction. ok i have swiched my phone to my PC. Does not show me any itunes at all. help

You will then need to install itunes which you can do from www.itunes.com

done that. keep on telling me to eject phone

yes know do the instructions I gave

Let me know the results please

Thank you

ok the note i get is there was a problem downloading software for i phone. error 9006

ok, restart the computer and try again please

done that still no luck

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this one confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

will go to my service provider. So sad. paid money and it did not sort my problem out. close this call

ok, I am sorry about this, I can only tell you the reality of the situation sorry after ruling everything out which we did.

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Smartphone Specialist