Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Apple i phone 4 Still works well but problem when I try to…

Customer Question
Apple i phone 4...

Apple i phone 4 Still works well but problem when I try to answer incoming call - I have to put in password ***** By this time, the caller has gone. Can I leave out the need for a password?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 8 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No How will that solve my problem?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just keen to be able to take incoming calls without the delay of entering password ***** time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

but cant afford another fee of $28
Just tell me how I can Bypass the password ***** keeps coming up when I have an incoming call. This is an old Iphone 4
I should be able to just swipe across the phone to receive the call
Please answer SOON
What more can I say??
You have not even given me a clue?
WOT'S THE USE? you say Nothing -

Do you want to disable the passcode screen completely?

When a phone call comes in, you do not need to unlock the screen. You can swipe to answer.

I would like to disable password ***** completely so I can just swipe and answer.

Go into Settings > Passcode.

Enter your passcode then tap Turn Passcode Off.