Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am here with my sister and we are trying to figure out how…

Customer Question
Good morning, Technician's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I am here with my sister and we are trying to figure out how to reset her Apple ID on her phone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

We have tried so many times and can’t figure it out

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes...I am baffled.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

She upgraded her phone a few months ago and we have her Apple ID but she doesn’t remember getting a password *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/8/2018
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I advise that you go through this procedure, carefully, to (first stage) make sure of the Apple ID, then the second stage, to recover or reset the password ***** that Apple ID. The Apple ID and the password ***** independent of the phone, and are stored in central servers, so you can do the following process on any computer with internet access:

- first go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID, or at least to verify that you have it correct.

Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter the Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue', and go through the process, to recover your Apple ID's password.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Russell H., Service Tech