Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I'm regularly calling a relative in Europe on their

Customer Question
I'm regularly calling a...

I'm regularly calling a relative in Europe on their landline, but one of my family member's phone contact no longer works. I dial in and hear her say hello, then I immediately get disconnected. With another family member in the same country, also to her land line, it works fine.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on with about ten tries to that number. Have not tried anything else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do

Does any of your other family members have the same issue with calling them?

Nobody from Switzerland is calling me on skype. I am the one who is calling them on their land line.
There is nobody else besides me who is trying to contact them via skype.

Yes, but we need to see if everyone calling that person is having issues or if it is just you to determine where the issue is.

I know for sure that nobody else is calling this party via skype (they are not computer literate).
they receive regular land line phone calls from within the country (Switzerland).
Do you mean that you want their phone number in Swsitzerland so you can call them?

If it only happens to one person and not anybody else then it is an issue with their service/line/etc.

Hello: You have not been able to help me with my question. Therefore I will look at my visa statement and if there is a charge
I will dispute it.
Where else could I turn to?