Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am having a difficult time downloading cydia on my

Customer Question
autistic daughters iphone in order...
I am having a difficult time downloading cydia on my autistic daughters iphone in order that I can monitor her whereabouts and with whom she is communicating with. Apple seems to be up to date on all jailbreak apps and I am not able to circumvent their defenses. Without sending me around the proverbial bush is there anyone who can help me.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 day by:
1/8/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Oh okay yes but I don't have the phone with me right now.

OK let me know when you have the phone

Sorry Harry, she got away with the phone to school again. I'll try to get you and the phone together at the same time.
Hello Harry, I have the phone!

Cydia needs to be installed on a jailbroken phone.

Is her phone jailbroken?

I'm not sure I downloaded some but uninstalled in order to start clean

If it is not jailbroken, you will need to follow the steps here: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-ipad-ios-3427174/?p=2

Ok I'll be back when finished

OK thank you

the site you sent me to is corrupt and only allows me to download ads

The site isn't corrupt -- You are clicking on the ads and not the link.

You can use this website too: https://gizmodo.com/5533921/how-to-jailbreak-any-iphone-ipod-touch-or-ipad

I've gone all the way to the developer stage and when I sign in with my apple id I can't load because they say I have to sing up as a developer
I have impactor downloaded and can't go any farther

Unfortunately, I am not able to assist you with jailbreaking the phone.

I can provide you with the steps but you will need to perform them.