Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Not my tv...smat phone S6. Wi-Fi keeps closing the app when…

Customer Question
Not my tv...smat phone...

Not my tv...smat phone S6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your S6? What have you tried so far?

Wi-Fi keeps closing the app when I select on it turns on for 1 sec. Then turns off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I used a fingerprint identity and now it doesn't recognize it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
1/7/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I do.

Do you have the S6 or the 6S? One is an Android and the other is an iPhone.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Not yet. I didn't want to lose info already on phone. If I do it now will I still be able to chat with you?

Restarting the phone won't lose any data on the phone.

Please try restarting

I did restart. Still cuts off immediately.
Harry, ate you still with me?
  • Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up, Home, and Power key.
  • When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
  • Press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.
Harry, problem persists after following your advice to clear cache.
  1. Navigate to Apps > Settings.

2. Touch Search, then search for and select Reset.

3. Touch Factory data reset.