Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a question regarding my iphone and Mac desk top. I am…

Customer Question
.I have a question regarding my...

.I have a question regarding my iphone and Mac desk top. I am using OS X El Capitan. I currently have iphoto 1.5. I am trying to download the iphoto update (to 9.6.1) but when i do the error comes up saying "not available to this Apple ID either bc it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled. " I am not sure what this means. I have had this same desk top for years. I recently bought a lap top a few months ago but not sure why that would be related. My whole goal is to make a photobook. My main problem is downloading picture from my iphone 7 to my desk top. It says there are 6-8 images that are corrupt and therefore will not download any of the 815 from my phone. Yes, they are all in icloud but icloud will only let me download 1 picture at a time back to my desk top. I thought updating my iphoto would help solve this issue now this. I did buy an iphone X thinking it would solve any future problems however when i download photos to my desk top from the iphone x it says there are 3-4 corrupt files however it still downloads all the rest of the pictures unlike the iphone 7. Bot***** *****ne- i would like to get my pictures from my iphone 7 to desk top to make a photobook. Or figure out how to download from icloud but by selecting many not one by one. Please help. I have dedicated this entire weekend to figure this out. Child care and everything. Thanks I

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 day by:
1/7/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please

Usually, that means that you changed your Apple ID email address at some point and it is linked to an older account.

I dont think I have. I have only had one email account to yahoo my whole life. Is that my Apple ID email, right?

I am not sure what your Apple ID account is but it would be the email address that you used with Apple.

Vinod Menon, Customer Service